"Jesus the Hero" nominated for CBC award

I'm delighted to announce that "Jesus the Hero", a short film I directed for Big Book Media, has been nominated in this year's Christian Broadcasting Council media awards.

Jesus the Hero is the first in a series of seven short films, presented by Andy Frost, which take a fresh look at the character and life of Jesus of Nazareth. Filmed on location in Ouarzazate, Morocco, the films combine innovative, dynamic presentation with a powerful new dramatisation of the gospel stories.

When Big Book Media approached me to direct the series, I jumped at the chance. Filming in Ouarzazate gave us the opportunity to use some fantastic, authentic-looking locations (including studio sets that have also appeared in Hollywood films like Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven), and meant that we could place Andy right in the middle of the action. Ouarzazate is Morocco's film capital so we teamed up with a very talented local crew and I'm really pleased with the results. We've ended up with a series of films which are unlike anything I've seen before and I'm really excited that the Christian Broadcasting Council have picked up on them.

The awards are on 19th May, so I'm looking forward to getting all dressed up and celebrating our nomination with the rest of the team... and of course I'll let you know how we fare.

The Jesus Series is being distributed in the UK by Kingsway, and you can buy your copy of Jesus the Hero here. Future episodes include Jesus the Headliner, the Dreamer, the Underdog, the Revolutionary, the Wildman and the Wrestler. They'll be released every two months; Headliner is out 21st May.

Photos courtesy of Edd Hofman

1 comment:

  1. congratulations Chris- hard work and creativity combined

    ReplyDelete